- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 26
- 03 Nov 2014
- 31 Oct 2014
21 Oct 2014
Over the last two weeks, 38 Tshogpas (local leaders of Chewogs, or the 1,044 basic electoral precincts in Bhutan) took part in a training on Applied Community Leadership Development at the Bhutan Institute for Training and Development in Thimphu. The training was organized by the Department of Local Governance, MoHCA, and supported by UNDP
- 14 Oct 2014
14 Jul 2014
In Bhutan, youth are the largest unemployed demographic; nationally, 7.3% were unemployed in 2012, and in urban areas it was nearly double that.
25 Mar 2014
Speaking to over forty participants, UNDP’s David Galipeau, Leader of Knowledge and Innovation Management Regional Team - Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok spoke on the vast potential of entrepreneurship and innovation in Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UN staff and development partners in Bhutan joined the government in commemorating the event in a traditional style.
19 Mar 2014
The third of a series of on-going discussions under the umbrella UNDP Talks: Dialogues on Development was held on “Access to Justice” at the UN House today. Organized and led by UNDP Bhutan, Nicholas Booth, Policy Advisor from the Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok presented UNDP’s vast experiences with other countries on access to justice.
13 Feb 2014
The second of a series of development dialogues under the theme “UNDP Talks” took off today at the UN House. The relevance of the research for microfinance initiatives in Bhutan, including measuring wellbeing were some of the key discussion highlights.
05 Feb 2014
Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting in South Asia
Following a series of gender consultations and sensitization workshops since 2006, the regional inception workshop for Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) in South Asia project is being introduced today to chalk out the methodology, work plan and way forward with the relevant stakeholders to ensure efficiency, equity and poverty reduction in Bhutan.
20 Dec 2013
Bhutan, the United Nations Development Programme, and a range of development partners committed to reduce poverty, strengthen the economy, and sustainably develop infrastructure, at the recent 12th Round Table Meeting in Thimphu.
25 Nov 2013
25 November, Phuentsholing - Over 60 women leaders from across Bhutan attended two week mediation training on the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Led by the Bhutan National Legal Institute (BNLI) the workshop was organized to arm women with required mediation skills and techniques for effective interventions when disputes arose in their communities. The training was held in Phuentsholing.
25 Nov 2013
25 November, Phuentsholing - Initiated by the UN and in partnership with RENEW, the 2013 campaign on International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW) was observed to highlight issues relevant to preventing and ending violence against women and girls in Phuentsholing.
20 Nov 2013
Thimphu, 20 November 2013 – UNDP with the Ministry of Labor and Human Resources (MoLHR) held the MDG Acceleration Framework (MAF) workshop in the capital to prioritize interventions for addressing youth unemployment in Bhutan. The workshop validated bottlenecks and prioritized strategic interventions on the action plan to address youth unemployment in the country.
19 Nov 2013
Paro, 19 November 2013 – UNDP with the National Commission of Women and Children (NCWC) will hold a consultation on the National Action Plan for Women’s Political Equality in Paro to prioritize socio-legal protection of women, economic empowerment and gender equality during 21-22 November.
15 Nov 2013
15 November, Thimphu – UNDP is undertaking an assessment to prepare for future programming with civil society and media in Bhutan. A series of workshops, surveys and consultations will be carried out in November to assess the strengths and constraints for civil society and media to promote people’s participation in democratic processes, public dialogue and discourse in Bhutan.
24 Oct 2013
United Nations Day is a chance to recognize the organization’s contributions to peace and common progress. The day is important to reflect on what has been achieved and what more can be done for a better world.
07 Oct 2013
Over two days, UNDP facilitated sessions in the government’s orientation programme for National Council and National Assembly members. A half-day session was held with National Council members on 3rd October 2013, and a two-hour session with National Assembly members on 7th October 2013.
31 Jul 2013
The new UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative Ms. Christina Carlson presented her credentials to Lyonpo Rinzin Dorji, Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Gyalyong Tshokhang this morning.
25 Apr 2013
On April 25, UNDP's Energy, Environment and Disaster Management Unit organized a Gender Scoping Workshop in Thimphu to create awareness among staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries about gender issues in development.
Email: email@example.com Fax: +975 322657
Contact UNDP in BhutanMedia Inquiries Phone: 975 322424
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +975 322657
Facebook: UNDP in Bhutan
- Announcement for Consultancy Services Post Title: Local Consultant (National or International) for conducting a salary Survey for Service Contract holders Contract Type: Individual Contract Duration:4 weeks (immediately effective after signing of contract) UNDP country office would like to seek the services of a qualified and experienced consultant to conduct a salary survey for Service Contract holders in accordance with the established UNDP policies governing Service Contracts; and based on the established UNDP methodology described in the Handbook on Setting Remuneration for Service Contract Personnel. For more information please visit http://www.bt.undp.org/content/bhutan/en/home/operations/jobs.html 15 December AT 04:06 AM
- Announcement for Consultancy Services UNDP country office invites proposals from qualified International Consultants for carrying out the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) feasibility study and preparation of a comprehensive ITS Action Plan for Thimphu City. The duration of the contract shall be for five months from 1st February 2015 to 30 June 2015. Please refer attached Terms of Reference for full detail. Proposals should be submitted in electronic format by 9th January 2014 to email@example.com. For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.bt.undp.org/content/bhutan/en/home/operations/jobs.html 15 December AT 03:26 AM
- 7th UNDP Talks - Does Gender Matter for Development? The UNDP hosted this year’s seventh UNDP Talks on 9th December 2014 on the Theme “Does Gender Matter for Development?” Mr. Sonam Penjor from NCWC and Dr. Meenakshi Rai debated on the subject amongst a lively discussion with participants over lunch. Ms. Diakhoumba Gassama, a Gender Consultant, also provided international perspectives on the subject. Mr. Sonam Penjor said: “it’s not so much that women need development, but it’s development that needs women”. He pointed that the only way to eliminate these social norms is through continues sensitization and awareness campaign and education. Among the 20 participants present at the talk, five women from Labshey Ngenshey TV program also shared their experiences. Aum Sonam Dema from Haa shared her experiences from the 2011 local government election, where she lost to a male contestant. However, she told the group that she will continue to contest in future local government elections until she reaches the age of 65. The UNDP Talks saw a participants from government agencies, CSOs and NGOs. The Talk brought out issues on quota for women, inclusion of third gender in development, building gender friendly environment, challenges faced during implementation of gender sensitive programs, and the importance of transparency in development to allow equal participation of all. Please follow the UNDP Bhutan website for more information about future talks and come join us next time! 12 December AT 03:50 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook: UNDP in Bhutan