- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 40 of 67
18 Apr 2014
Bhutan will soon implement the largest Climate Change Adaptation project in the World. The project, titled - “Addressing the Risks of Climate-induced Disasters through Enhanced National and Local Capacity for Effective Actions” is the second adaptation project in Bhutan funded through the Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) administered by the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
16 Apr 2014
Over the past two days UNDP concluded its last phase in the gender mainstreaming initiative for its energy and environment portfolio. Five projects were identified in 2012 in the startup phase making them suitable for the gender mainstreaming effort.
02 Apr 2014
Geneva – The UN General Assembly has declared 6 April as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. Created at the initiative of the International Olympic Committee and officially announced at the United Nations headquarters last August, the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace promotes the role of sport as a tool at the service of society and a universal tool for peace.
29 Mar 2014
Students and residents of Thimphu came together as part of the global movement UNDP organized to observe Earth Hour. The Centenary Park went black at 6.30 pm and people lit candles and lamps to observe the Earth Hour.
25 Mar 2014
In Thimphu as part of the global movement UNDP is partnering with Dorje Events to observe Earth Hour. The open event will take place at the Centenary Park in Chalingmithang and is targeting young children and the local community to participate in a lamp/lantern making session using a recycled jars and paints.
25 Mar 2014
Speaking to over forty participants, UNDP’s David Galipeau, Leader of Knowledge and Innovation Management Regional Team - Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok spoke on the vast potential of entrepreneurship and innovation in Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UNDP signed a new project on the promotion of Brand Bhutan today. The project document was signed between the Gross National Happiness Commission (GNHC) and UNDP Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UN staff and development partners in Bhutan joined the government in commemorating the event in a traditional style.
19 Mar 2014
19 March 2014, Thimphu; A new project on the promotion of Brand Bhutan will be signed between the Royal Government of Bhutan, UNDP Bhutan, supported by the Government of Japan through UNDP-Japan Partnership Fund on 20 March 2014. The project will be carried out by UNDP with the Ministry of Economic Affairs as the lead implementing partner. A total of USD 348,840 is allocated for 2014-2015 activities by the Japanese Government.
19 Mar 2014
The third of a series of on-going discussions under the umbrella UNDP Talks: Dialogues on Development was held on “Access to Justice” at the UN House today. Organized and led by UNDP Bhutan, Nicholas Booth, Policy Advisor from the Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok presented UNDP’s vast experiences with other countries on access to justice.
13 Feb 2014
The second of a series of development dialogues under the theme “UNDP Talks” took off today at the UN House. The relevance of the research for microfinance initiatives in Bhutan, including measuring wellbeing were some of the key discussion highlights.
05 Feb 2014
Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting in South Asia
Following a series of gender consultations and sensitization workshops since 2006, the regional inception workshop for Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) in South Asia project is being introduced today to chalk out the methodology, work plan and way forward with the relevant stakeholders to ensure efficiency, equity and poverty reduction in Bhutan.
16 Jan 2014
The United Nations Development Programme, supported the LEP in drawing lessons from the 2013 elections to help improve processes and procedures in the electoral system, and to improve management of future elections.
20 Dec 2013
Bhutan, the United Nations Development Programme, and a range of development partners committed to reduce poverty, strengthen the economy, and sustainably develop infrastructure, at the recent 12th Round Table Meeting in Thimphu.
- 12 Dec 2013
12 Dec 2013
The United Nations pledged its support to help Bhutan meet its challenges over the next five years through the new One UN Programme, 2014-2018.
- 11 Dec 2013
11 Dec 2013
The Millennium Development Goals Acceleration Framework (MAF) Report on Youth and the Uniting for Youth Bhutan website were both launched at a special session of the 12th Round Table Meeting in Thimphu today.
09 Dec 2013
The CPB meeting co-hosted by the Gross National Happiness Commission and the UN System in Bhutan will examine major accomplishments, and look at how the next Bhutan One Programme can improve governance and better the lives of the people of Bhutan.
09 Dec 2013
Bhutan, the United Nations Development Programme, and a host of development partners will explore how to best meet the country’s economic and social priorities, at the 12th Round Table Meeting, in Thimphu on 11-12 December.
Mail: email@example.com Fax: +975 2 322657
Contact UNDP in BhutanMedia Inquiries Phone: +975 2 322424
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +975 2 322657
Facebook UNDP in Bhutan
- Announcement for Consultancy Services Post Title: Local Consultant (National or International) for conducting a salary Survey for Service Contract holders Contract Type: Individual Contract Duration:4 weeks (immediately effective after signing of contract) UNDP country office would like to seek the services of a qualified and experienced consultant to conduct a salary survey for Service Contract holders in accordance with the established UNDP policies governing Service Contracts; and based on the established UNDP methodology described in the Handbook on Setting Remuneration for Service Contract Personnel. For more information please visit http://www.bt.undp.org/content/bhutan/en/home/operations/jobs.html 15 December AT 04:06 AM
- Announcement for Consultancy Services UNDP country office invites proposals from qualified International Consultants for carrying out the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) feasibility study and preparation of a comprehensive ITS Action Plan for Thimphu City. The duration of the contract shall be for five months from 1st February 2015 to 30 June 2015. Please refer attached Terms of Reference for full detail. Proposals should be submitted in electronic format by 9th January 2014 to email@example.com. For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.bt.undp.org/content/bhutan/en/home/operations/jobs.html 15 December AT 03:26 AM
- 7th UNDP Talks - Does Gender Matter for Development? The UNDP hosted this year’s seventh UNDP Talks on 9th December 2014 on the Theme “Does Gender Matter for Development?” Mr. Sonam Penjor from NCWC and Dr. Meenakshi Rai debated on the subject amongst a lively discussion with participants over lunch. Ms. Diakhoumba Gassama, a Gender Consultant, also provided international perspectives on the subject. Mr. Sonam Penjor said: “it’s not so much that women need development, but it’s development that needs women”. He pointed that the only way to eliminate these social norms is through continues sensitization and awareness campaign and education. Among the 20 participants present at the talk, five women from Labshey Ngenshey TV program also shared their experiences. Aum Sonam Dema from Haa shared her experiences from the 2011 local government election, where she lost to a male contestant. However, she told the group that she will continue to contest in future local government elections until she reaches the age of 65. The UNDP Talks saw a participants from government agencies, CSOs and NGOs. The Talk brought out issues on quota for women, inclusion of third gender in development, building gender friendly environment, challenges faced during implementation of gender sensitive programs, and the importance of transparency in development to allow equal participation of all. Please follow the UNDP Bhutan website for more information about future talks and come join us next time! 12 December AT 03:50 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook UNDP in Bhutan