- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 40 of 70
30 May 2014
For the first time, two young Bhutanese will attend the “Youth2015 Forum: Realizing the Future They Want” at the United Nations in June. They will bring the voice of Bhutanese youth into global discussions on development challenges for meeting the Millennium Development Goals and shaping the future development agenda.
23 May 2014
United Nations Special Rapporteur Kishore Singh will be visiting Bhutan from 26 May to 4 June 2014 to assess education reforms and the education of vulnerable children, among other issues.
07 May 2014
Nearly 800 people let the world know what matters most to them at the Tarayana Fair in Thimphu last week-end. UNDP Bhutan and the UN Volunteer programme (UNV), in cooperation with the Tarayana Foundation, mobilized volunteer students from YHS Tarayana School Club to engage people to vote in the global MY World survey.
18 Apr 2014
Bhutan will soon implement the largest Climate Change Adaptation project in the World. The project, titled - “Addressing the Risks of Climate-induced Disasters through Enhanced National and Local Capacity for Effective Actions” is the second adaptation project in Bhutan funded through the Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) administered by the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
16 Apr 2014
Over the past two days UNDP concluded its last phase in the gender mainstreaming initiative for its energy and environment portfolio. Five projects were identified in 2012 in the startup phase making them suitable for the gender mainstreaming effort.
02 Apr 2014
Geneva – The UN General Assembly has declared 6 April as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. Created at the initiative of the International Olympic Committee and officially announced at the United Nations headquarters last August, the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace promotes the role of sport as a tool at the service of society and a universal tool for peace.
29 Mar 2014
Students and residents of Thimphu came together as part of the global movement UNDP organized to observe Earth Hour. The Centenary Park went black at 6.30 pm and people lit candles and lamps to observe the Earth Hour.
25 Mar 2014
In Thimphu as part of the global movement UNDP is partnering with Dorje Events to observe Earth Hour. The open event will take place at the Centenary Park in Chalingmithang and is targeting young children and the local community to participate in a lamp/lantern making session using a recycled jars and paints.
25 Mar 2014
Speaking to over forty participants, UNDP’s David Galipeau, Leader of Knowledge and Innovation Management Regional Team - Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok spoke on the vast potential of entrepreneurship and innovation in Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UNDP signed a new project on the promotion of Brand Bhutan today. The project document was signed between the Gross National Happiness Commission (GNHC) and UNDP Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UN staff and development partners in Bhutan joined the government in commemorating the event in a traditional style.
19 Mar 2014
19 March 2014, Thimphu; A new project on the promotion of Brand Bhutan will be signed between the Royal Government of Bhutan, UNDP Bhutan, supported by the Government of Japan through UNDP-Japan Partnership Fund on 20 March 2014. The project will be carried out by UNDP with the Ministry of Economic Affairs as the lead implementing partner. A total of USD 348,840 is allocated for 2014-2015 activities by the Japanese Government.
19 Mar 2014
The third of a series of on-going discussions under the umbrella UNDP Talks: Dialogues on Development was held on “Access to Justice” at the UN House today. Organized and led by UNDP Bhutan, Nicholas Booth, Policy Advisor from the Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok presented UNDP’s vast experiences with other countries on access to justice.
13 Feb 2014
The second of a series of development dialogues under the theme “UNDP Talks” took off today at the UN House. The relevance of the research for microfinance initiatives in Bhutan, including measuring wellbeing were some of the key discussion highlights.
05 Feb 2014
Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting in South Asia
Following a series of gender consultations and sensitization workshops since 2006, the regional inception workshop for Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) in South Asia project is being introduced today to chalk out the methodology, work plan and way forward with the relevant stakeholders to ensure efficiency, equity and poverty reduction in Bhutan.
16 Jan 2014
The United Nations Development Programme, supported the LEP in drawing lessons from the 2013 elections to help improve processes and procedures in the electoral system, and to improve management of future elections.
20 Dec 2013
Bhutan, the United Nations Development Programme, and a range of development partners committed to reduce poverty, strengthen the economy, and sustainably develop infrastructure, at the recent 12th Round Table Meeting in Thimphu.
- 12 Dec 2013
12 Dec 2013
The United Nations pledged its support to help Bhutan meet its challenges over the next five years through the new One UN Programme, 2014-2018.
- 11 Dec 2013
Mail: email@example.com Fax: +975 2 322657
Contact UNDP in BhutanMedia Inquiries Phone: +975 2 322424
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +975 2 322657
Facebook UNDP in Bhutan
- Consultant for developing training for law enforcement officials and public prosecutors The UNODC is implementing a national project in Bhutan titled “Enhance Government and Civil Society Responses to Counter Trafficking in Persons in Bhutan (BHUZ13)” in collaboration with the National Commission for Women and Children (NCWC). Under this project, UNODC in partnership with NCWC seeks to strengthen the capacities of the law enforcement officials and public prosecutors to prevent and identify, investigate and prosecute cases of trafficking, and enhance referrals for appropriate treatment and reintegration of trafficking victims. To this end, UNODC seeks to engage a consultant to undertake the development of a comprehensive training module/curriculum (in English) for law enforcement officials and public prosecutors based on a training needs assessment, in close consultation with UNODC and NCWC. UNODC seeks proposals from Consultant to (1) One Training Needs Assessment workshop completed and report submitted, the report should include desk review, situation report, stakeholders and gap analysis;(2) Comprehensive training module, with a two or three days training curriculum for (a) law enforcement officials and (b) public prosecutors;(3) One TOT workshop completed and reports submitted, including post-training evaluation and impact assessment. Target starting date: 15th March 2015 Latest completion date: 15th August 2015 http://goo.gl/SfjXau 21 January AT 09:58 PM
- http://www.kuenselonline.com/bolstering-communication-machinery/#.VLeZhtKUdps 16 January AT 07:02 AM
- Bhutan forms its first social media policy http://goo.gl/vmyNU3 14 January AT 11:11 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook UNDP in Bhutan