- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 141 - 159 of 159
21 Jan 2013
A three-member Nordic parliamentarians group arrived in Bangladesh today to visit initiatives that bear witness to the remarkable strides the country has made in its development indicators, especially in the Millennium Development Goals.
11 Jan 2013
People across the country are enduring the severest cold wave in the last 45 years and may experience two more chilly spells in the current month. The mercury hit 45 year low on 10th Jan 2013, with the minimum temperature recorded at 3 degrees Celsius in Saidpur.
17 Dec 2012
Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh Project took part in LGED`s Victory Day Fair by having a resourceful and decorative stall at the LGED premises in Agargoan.
09 Dec 2012
Bangladesh Mission by Mr. Oscar Fernandez-Taranco, Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs (6-9 December 2012)
Mr. Oscar Fernandez-Taranco, Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs, visited Bangladesh from 6 to 9 December 2012 at the request of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. He was accompanied by Mr. Neal Walker, UN Resident Coordinator in Bangladesh, Mr. Craig Jenness, Director of the Electoral Assistance Division, and Mr. Hitoki Den, Team Leader for South Asia in the Asia and the Pacific Division, of the Department of Political Affairs.
02 Dec 2012
15th Anniversary of the CHT Accord Signing; Policy Dialogue on CHT Accord: Achievements, lessons learnt and the Way Forward
Statement by Mr. Stefan Priesner, UNDP Country Director
29 Oct 2012
Asia’s cities are central to the world’s battle against climate change. With the dual challenges of supporting the urban poor to adapt and reduce emissions, cities hold the keys to a sustainable and inclusive future. This was the message from a meeting of Mayors and Senior Officials from 10 city governments across Asia hosted by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
18 Sep 2012
Speech by Mr. Neal Walker, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative
03 Sep 2012
Speech by Robert Juhkam, DCD (P), UNDP Bangladesh.
11 Aug 2012
Youth in Bangladesh contribute to developing their communities for the achievement of national development
Today a dialogue with youth was held at the University of Dhaka to celebrate the International Youth Day and to commemorate the millions of youth in Bangladesh contributing for a better future. This year’s theme, Building a Better World: Partnering with Youth, comes after the Rio+20 Conference, where the role of youth in peace and development activities was strongly acknowledged and considered paramount in the post-2015 agenda.
21 Jun 2012
Rio de Janeiro: Efforts by Bangladesh to introduce green technology in the brick industry, the country’s largest stationary source of greenhouse gas emissions, are getting global recognition at the Rio+20 Summit which kicked off in Brazil on Wednesday.
09 Jun 2012
Speech by Mr. Neal Walker, UNDP Resident Representative
06 Jun 2012
While the upcoming Rio+20 summit is expected to guide future development discourse, countries like Bangladesh need to define their own green development process that will not hinder economic growth, compromise poverty reduction objectives and will conserve natural resources for environmental sustainability, said speakers during an open discussion session on “Green Development in Bangladesh: Challenges and Opportunities”. The event was jointly organized by the Department of Environment (DoE), Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at Conference Hall, Forest Department, Ban Bhaban, Agargaon.
03 Jun 2012
The Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh (GoB) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today signed an agreement to implement a project titled ‘Access to Information II : E-Service Delivery for Transparency and Responsiveness’. This project is a follow-up to the erstwhile A2I project which ended in June, 2011.
18 May 2012
A two day National Judicial Workshop on Potential of ICT in Case Management and Court Administration was held on 18-19 May 2012 at Supreme Court Auditorium jointly organized by the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and UNDP Bangladesh targeting the judges of Supreme Court and Dhaka Court.
16 Mar 2012
Parliamentarians from over twenty nations unanimously identified global climate change as the greatest threat to the lives, livelihoods and welfare of their constituents, and the eco-systems that sustain them, through a unanimous declaration in Dhaka on Friday.
14 Mar 2012
Leaders from governments, international organizations, think tanks and corporations to examine solutions for global sustainability and inequality challenges, and policy choices for a better future in first UNDP Global Forum on Human Development
14 Mar 2012
International gathering opens in Dhaka with call for lawmakers to play greater role in tackling climate change
An international conference of parliamentarians from over 20 countries opened in Dhaka on Tuesday, with participants calling for elected representatives to play a greater role in combating the impacts of climate change at national and international levels.
18 Jan 2012
On 18 January 2012 at the BIAM Foundation, Dhaka, a high level policy discussion on the Citizen’s Charter initiative took place during a one day conference organised by the Civil Service Change Management Programme of the Ministry of Public Administration with the technical assistance of the United Nations Development Programme in Bangladesh.
18 Jan 2012
The role of forests in addressing climate change in Bangladesh: National consultations held.
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- UNDP promotes better Court services through ICT tools The incorporation of ICT in Court system has significantly improved the overall service delivery at the Court. Due to the intervention of JUST, about 86 per cent of judges in the Court premises are now using ICT tools to prepare verdicts and provide inputs into cause list compared to just 20 per cent in 2012. JUST has developed a soft ware on Cause-list which is also oriented to the judges and court staff. The cause list of the Supreme Court and three pilot District Courts of JUST is regularly updated now, helping litigants, lawyers and all concerned to know under which Court their case is and the dates. It also helps the judges monitor the performance of their fellow judges. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/03/13/undp-promotes-better-court-services-through-ict-tools/ Yesterday AT 04:42 AM
- Digital Buses on Dhaka streets On April 10, 2014, the Communications Minister Obaidul Quader inaugurated 10 Digital Buses on BRTC’s Motijheel-Uttara route at the Farmgate Bus Stand. State Minister for Post, ICT and Telecommunications ministry, Junaid Ahmed Palak, was also present at the launching of the initiative that was implemented with the technical support of Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister’s Office, funded by UNDP and USAID. The buses, which would be running on a test basis initially, have integrated live tracking feature allowing commuters to easily track these vehicles, e.g. their routes, which way they are heading, and where it is, by going to urbanlaunchpad.org/brtc using their internet-enabled smart devices. The feature, at the same time, will allow the BRTC authorities to keep track of their buses on different routes and provide required directives. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/04/10/digital-buses-on-dhaka-streets/ Yesterday AT 04:22 AM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook