- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 40 of 159
30 Dec 2013
At a casual program arranged on 30 December, 2013 at the Prime Minister’s Office, the Access to Information (a2i) Program unveiled a new logo. Mr. Kabir Bin Anwar, Project Director of a2i and Director General (Administration),Prime Minister’s Office handed over the check of BDT- 1 Lakh for the logo design competition to the winner Jahir Uddin Zummon.
23 Dec 2013
In addition to the project’s existing three pilot districts-Dhaka, Kishoreganj and Rangamati, JUST will be expanded in another three district locations in 2014 namely Rajshai, Rangpur and Commilla. The Hon’ble Chief Justice of Bangladesh as well as the chair of the Project Steering Committee (PSC) of Judicial Strengthening Project (JUST) Mr. Justice Md. Muzzammel Hossain announced this decision and approved it during the 3rd PSC meeting held on December 15 and December 23, 2013.
19 Dec 2013
Dolly, who thinks she is 45 and has three daughters, used to worry about walking from her house to the nearest latrine. “We had to walk 25 minutes to go to the next latrine," she said "So I would not go nor would I let my daughters go at night. It was too far to walk in the dark and I did not want anything to happen to them. As long as it was dark, they had to hold it,” she said.
19 Dec 2013
The Honourable Speaker to the Parliament of Bangladesh, Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, on December 9, 2013 endorsed a number of Parliamentary Committee-specific Templates, the aim of which is to standardize the handling of documentation and records within the Parliamentary Standing Committees.
13 Dec 2013
A day long Case Management Seminar was organized by Judicial Strengthening project (JUST) on 13 December 2013 with the participation of all the judges of the High Court and Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. The objective of the workshop was to share knowledge, experience and views about the case management mechanism of the High Court Division and Swat Analysis of its strengths and weakness with a view to identify the deficiencies and impediments.
12 Dec 2013
The UNDP-supported Union Parishad Governance Project (UPGP) last month has provided a two-day training to 196 Union Parishad (UP) Secretaries and Union Information and Service Centre (UISC) entrepreneurs on Management Information System (MIS) in Brahmanbaria district.
12 Dec 2013
For the first time in the history of Bangladesh, the Judicial Strengthening Project (JUST) of UNDP placed the judicial reform agenda before the Supreme Court Special Committee for Judicial Reforms (SCSCJR) chaired by the Chief Justice. This is an unprecedented development as SCSCJR has also principally agreed to all the reform proposals on incremental basis.
- 02 Dec 2013
25 Nov 2013
Violence against women is not acceptable and can be prevented UNDP calls for renewed efforts to end gender-based violence
Every year, at least two million women and girls are trafficked into prostitution, forced slavery, and servitude. Up to 60 percent of women experience some form of physical or sexual abuse during their lifetime.
17 Nov 2013
With its rapid economic development, Narayanganj city is becoming highly vulnerable to human induced and natural hazards, particularly earthquakes, fires and water logging etc. In 2011, with funds from UNDP BCPR, Early Recovery Facility (ERF) supported multi-hazard vulnerability atlas for Narayanganj Municipality.
16 Nov 2013
A day long workshop on the different issues of digital Bangladesh for the journalists of Dhaka Division was held at Press Institute of Bangladesh (PIB) auditorium on 16 November. UNDP and USAID supported Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister's office with the help of Press Institute of Bangladesh organised this workshop. As many as 48 journalists from Dhaka and different districts of Dhaka Division participated the programme.
11 Nov 2013
There were both flashbacks and optimism at the plenary meeting of the Local Consultative Group this week at the NEC Conference Room in the capital. The coordinating body of the Government of Bangladesh and its Development Partners during its last congregation of the year 2013, was met with intense reflection on the past and thoughtful outlook for the future. And the mood was best caught in the words of the chief guest Mr. A M A Muhith, the GoB Finance Minister.
10 Nov 2013
The second project implementation committee (PIC) meeting of the Justice Sector Facility (JSF) Project was held on 10 November 2013 in the meeting room of the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs (MoLJPA) to support and formulate high quality implementation strategy in order to attain Project mandates.
09 Nov 2013
A workshop to help identify innovation in public service delivery was arranged from 08 to 09 November at the auditorium of Bangladesh Institute of Administration and Management (BIAM) by the Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister's Office. Identifying existing problems as well as the needs of innovation were also explored during the two-day long workshop.
09 Nov 2013
Recent developments in South-South cooperation have taken the form of increased volume of South-South trade, South-South flows of foreign direct investment, movements towards regional integration, technology transfers, sharing of solutions and experts, and other forms of exchanges. As part of South-South Cooperation, the Judicial Strengthening Project (JUST) provided access to the “Manupatra” Indian online legal database for the highest court judges.
02 Nov 2013
The Election Commission Bangladesh (ECB) will be required to train over 600,000 election workers for the upcoming 10th parliamentary elections. In preparation for this huge task, the Electoral Training Institute (ETI) of the ECB organized a workshop for Core Trainers on the 1-2 November 2013. This is the first in a series of cascade trainings expected in the coming months ahead of the next parliamentary polls.
02 Nov 2013
Around 120 participants from the government, NGOs, CSOs, academia, development partners, forest dependent, indigenous groups and media attended the workshop.
31 Oct 2013
“Even after 26 years in the public service I did not have a clear idea about the activities of the Parliamentary Committee on Government Assurances. Ambiguity prevailed over the types and definition of government assurances. Today, I understand it better,” said an Additional Secretary working at the Ministry of Education at recent Workshop on the Guidelines for Government Assurance Monitoring.
31 Oct 2013
Improved social protection figures highly in the Government’s 2021 agenda and the Sixth Five Year Plan. In line with that, the Cabinet decided to prepare the National Social Protection Strategy (NSPS) for Bangladesh.
24 Oct 2013
To build resilience against floods at the local level a tripartite MoU has been signed between Bangladesh Disaster Preparedness Centre (BDPC), Bangladesh ANSAR and VDP, and the Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP II).
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- UNDP promotes better Court services through ICT tools The incorporation of ICT in Court system has significantly improved the overall service delivery at the Court. Due to the intervention of JUST, about 86 per cent of judges in the Court premises are now using ICT tools to prepare verdicts and provide inputs into cause list compared to just 20 per cent in 2012. JUST has developed a soft ware on Cause-list which is also oriented to the judges and court staff. The cause list of the Supreme Court and three pilot District Courts of JUST is regularly updated now, helping litigants, lawyers and all concerned to know under which Court their case is and the dates. It also helps the judges monitor the performance of their fellow judges. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/03/13/undp-promotes-better-court-services-through-ict-tools/ Yesterday AT 04:42 AM
- Digital Buses on Dhaka streets On April 10, 2014, the Communications Minister Obaidul Quader inaugurated 10 Digital Buses on BRTC’s Motijheel-Uttara route at the Farmgate Bus Stand. State Minister for Post, ICT and Telecommunications ministry, Junaid Ahmed Palak, was also present at the launching of the initiative that was implemented with the technical support of Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister’s Office, funded by UNDP and USAID. The buses, which would be running on a test basis initially, have integrated live tracking feature allowing commuters to easily track these vehicles, e.g. their routes, which way they are heading, and where it is, by going to urbanlaunchpad.org/brtc using their internet-enabled smart devices. The feature, at the same time, will allow the BRTC authorities to keep track of their buses on different routes and provide required directives. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/04/10/digital-buses-on-dhaka-streets/ Yesterday AT 04:22 AM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook