- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 101 - 120 of 159
21 Aug 2013
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Local Government Division (LGD), UNDP and USAID supported Access to Information (a2i) program of Prime Minister’s office and Airtel Bangladesh on 21 August at Prime Minister's Office.
20 Aug 2013
Gopalgonj district administration with the cooperation of Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh project organized a day-long training workshop on Gender, Human Rights and Village Courts for the GoB official and other stakeholders on 20 August 2013 at Nazrul Public Library, Gopalgonj.
09 Aug 2013
On 3 August, the Bangladesh Indigenous People’s Forum, supported by ILO and UNDP, observed International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples which falls on August 9.
09 Aug 2013
A three member delegation from China led by Ms. Yang Fang, ACD, UNDP China, visited Bangladesh to understand Bangladesh disaster management practices as well as to explore avenues for south-south cooperation between China and Bangladesh with key stakeholders and partners.
05 Aug 2013
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on 5 August to create 10 lakh Mobile App Developers (MAD) aiming to branding Bangladesh as a leading country in the sector at the global level.
05 Aug 2013
The Improving Democracy through Parliamentary Development Project (IPD) of UNDP organized a consultation event to review the proposed draft outline of the first ever End-of-Term Report for the 9th Parliament of Bangladesh on August 5, 2013 at the IPD Conference Room.
04 Aug 2013
A day long workshop on the different issues of Digital Bangladesh for the journalists from Rangamati was held at Sylhet circuit house auditorium on 4 August.
31 Jul 2013
The ERF Project Advisory Board members met on 31 July 2013 to review progress of UNDP Early Recovery Facility.
28 Jul 2013
General Economics Division (GED) of Planning Commission with the assistance of UNDP organized an inception workshop on “National Social Protection Strategy (NSPS)” on 28 July 2013 at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel.
28 Jul 2013
The 3rd Project Steering Committee (PSC) meeting of Upazila Governance Project (UZGP) was held at Conference Room, Local Government Division (LGD), Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka, on 28 July.
21 Jul 2013
A day long “Idea Exchange Meeting with CFL Manufacturers for Energy Star label” was organized by BRESL Project at BSTI, Conference Room on 21 July 2013.
19 Jul 2013
Two-day long refresher course on Adult Literacy and Life Skill Program Facilitation in each district of Chittagong Hill Tracts was conducted from 12 to 19 July by the Education Cluster of CHTDF with technical support from UNESCO.
18 Jul 2013
A one and half-day long workshop on “Exchange of Views and Way Forward on Formation and Activation of Case Management Committee” was held on 6 and 7 July, 2013 at Biddyut Bhaban, Dhaka with the aim to seek agreement on the CMC operation, function and impact of CMC interventions in the administration of criminal justice at the field level.
18 Jul 2013
The highest policy and oversight body the Project Steering Committee (PSC) of Judicial Strengthening Project (JUST) met for the second time on July 9, 2013 to review project progress, and resolve policy and strategic challengesas faced by the project in the process of project implementation.
17 Jul 2013
The Faridpur district administration with the assistance of Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh project organized a day long training workshop on 'Gender, Human Rights and Village Courts' on 17 July 2013 at the conference room of the Deputy Commissioner.
11 Jul 2013
Collaboration between communities, municipal authorities and project partners to raise awareness on health, environmental and menstrual hygiene in poor urban communities throughout Bangladesh has led to an increase in pro-poor budget allocations in Savar Municipality, ensuring continuous funding to better living conditions and health situation of poor households.
29 Jun 2013
Underprivileged women from urban communities are receiving skills training as part of a joint initiative between UNDP and the private sector.
27 Jun 2013
The CBACC-Coastal Afforestation project is implementing a programme on “Building Community Resilience through Integrated Water Management at Char Kukri Mukri”
23 Jun 2013
65 Women Development Forums (WDFs) at Upazila level were formed in seven districts till June 23. The selected seven districts where the Women Development Forums (WDFs) were formed are- Kishoreganj, Sirajganj, Brahmanbaria, Khulna, Barguna, Rangpur and Sunamganj.
20 Jun 2013
A total of 40 judicial officials including district and sessions judges and court officials received two weeks of training on the use of information and communications technology in the judicial system.
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- UNDP promotes better Court services through ICT tools The incorporation of ICT in Court system has significantly improved the overall service delivery at the Court. Due to the intervention of JUST, about 86 per cent of judges in the Court premises are now using ICT tools to prepare verdicts and provide inputs into cause list compared to just 20 per cent in 2012. JUST has developed a soft ware on Cause-list which is also oriented to the judges and court staff. The cause list of the Supreme Court and three pilot District Courts of JUST is regularly updated now, helping litigants, lawyers and all concerned to know under which Court their case is and the dates. It also helps the judges monitor the performance of their fellow judges. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/03/13/undp-promotes-better-court-services-through-ict-tools/ Yesterday AT 04:42 AM
- Digital Buses on Dhaka streets On April 10, 2014, the Communications Minister Obaidul Quader inaugurated 10 Digital Buses on BRTC’s Motijheel-Uttara route at the Farmgate Bus Stand. State Minister for Post, ICT and Telecommunications ministry, Junaid Ahmed Palak, was also present at the launching of the initiative that was implemented with the technical support of Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister’s Office, funded by UNDP and USAID. The buses, which would be running on a test basis initially, have integrated live tracking feature allowing commuters to easily track these vehicles, e.g. their routes, which way they are heading, and where it is, by going to urbanlaunchpad.org/brtc using their internet-enabled smart devices. The feature, at the same time, will allow the BRTC authorities to keep track of their buses on different routes and provide required directives. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/04/10/digital-buses-on-dhaka-streets/ Yesterday AT 04:22 AM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook