- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 29
10 Apr 2014
The Officers attending the BPATC 65th Senior Staff Course at Savar paid the UNDP Country Office a visit on April 10, 2014. The 45 day long 65th Senior Staff Course (SSC) began on March 23, 2014 with a total of 29 officials of which 27 are Joint Secretaries to the government while two officials are from the defence services of Bangladesh.
20 Feb 2014
A civil case was filed in a Dhaka Court on November 30, 1998. The case was finally disposed on January 30, 2011, 12 years and two months after 104 dates of appearance including dates for pre-trial, trial and post-trial due to the existing adversarial trial system in Bangladesh. In a recent baseline survey of UNDP’s Judicial Strengthening Project, it was revealed that on an average the civil case disposal duration is 5.3 years and for criminal case is 3.7 years. The land or property related cases constitute the majority of civil cases (40.7 per cent).
25 Sep 2013
Participants at a day-long workshop stressed the need for more active participation of the people in monitoring the Union Parishad (UP) functions to make local government institutions (LGI) more democratic, transparent and accountable.
24 Sep 2013
The Social Good Summit is a global gathering that brings big ideas from all over the world to meet to share innovative solutions. Dhaka 2013 is all about everyday heroes of Bangladesh using whatever technology they have to change their communities.
21 Sep 2013
The Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh (AVCB) Project has awarded 36 Union Parishads (UPs) for their outstanding performance in village courts on 21 September 2013 at Osmani Memorial Auditorium in Dhaka.
03 Sep 2013
Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs has been in a process to recommend the government to simplify and modernize the land registry process in Bangladesh.
29 Aug 2013
Judicial education and training is a relatively recent phenomenon worldwide. Most of the world's formal judicial education and training programs started in the last fifteen to twenty years -- some with permanent facilities, faculty, staff, and resources -- to train new judges and provide continuing education and training of experienced judges.
27 Aug 2013
In her introductory visit to Chittagong Hill Tracts from 26 to 27 August Pauline Tamesis, Country Director of UNDP Bangladesh visited Rangamati Hill District and managed to meet key stakeholders of CHTDF including local Government Institutions-Rangamati Hill District Council (RHDC), Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and civil society leaders. She was accompanied by Shaila Khan, Assistant Country Director, UNDP, Bangladesh and Henrik Fredborg Larsen, Director, CHTDF.
21 Aug 2013
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Local Government Division (LGD), UNDP and USAID supported Access to Information (a2i) program of Prime Minister’s office and Airtel Bangladesh on 21 August at Prime Minister's Office.
20 Aug 2013
Gopalgonj district administration with the cooperation of Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh project organized a day-long training workshop on Gender, Human Rights and Village Courts for the GoB official and other stakeholders on 20 August 2013 at Nazrul Public Library, Gopalgonj.
05 Aug 2013
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on 5 August to create 10 lakh Mobile App Developers (MAD) aiming to branding Bangladesh as a leading country in the sector at the global level.
05 Aug 2013
The Improving Democracy through Parliamentary Development Project (IPD) of UNDP organized a consultation event to review the proposed draft outline of the first ever End-of-Term Report for the 9th Parliament of Bangladesh on August 5, 2013 at the IPD Conference Room.
04 Aug 2013
A day long workshop on the different issues of Digital Bangladesh for the journalists from Rangamati was held at Sylhet circuit house auditorium on 4 August.
28 Jul 2013
The 3rd Project Steering Committee (PSC) meeting of Upazila Governance Project (UZGP) was held at Conference Room, Local Government Division (LGD), Bangladesh Secretariat, Dhaka, on 28 July.
19 Jul 2013
Two-day long refresher course on Adult Literacy and Life Skill Program Facilitation in each district of Chittagong Hill Tracts was conducted from 12 to 19 July by the Education Cluster of CHTDF with technical support from UNESCO.
18 Jul 2013
A one and half-day long workshop on “Exchange of Views and Way Forward on Formation and Activation of Case Management Committee” was held on 6 and 7 July, 2013 at Biddyut Bhaban, Dhaka with the aim to seek agreement on the CMC operation, function and impact of CMC interventions in the administration of criminal justice at the field level.
18 Jul 2013
The highest policy and oversight body the Project Steering Committee (PSC) of Judicial Strengthening Project (JUST) met for the second time on July 9, 2013 to review project progress, and resolve policy and strategic challengesas faced by the project in the process of project implementation.
17 Jul 2013
The Faridpur district administration with the assistance of Activating Village Courts in Bangladesh project organized a day long training workshop on 'Gender, Human Rights and Village Courts' on 17 July 2013 at the conference room of the Deputy Commissioner.
23 Jun 2013
65 Women Development Forums (WDFs) at Upazila level were formed in seven districts till June 23. The selected seven districts where the Women Development Forums (WDFs) were formed are- Kishoreganj, Sirajganj, Brahmanbaria, Khulna, Barguna, Rangpur and Sunamganj.
20 Jun 2013
A total of 40 judicial officials including district and sessions judges and court officials received two weeks of training on the use of information and communications technology in the judicial system.
UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook
- UNDP promotes better Court services through ICT tools The incorporation of ICT in Court system has significantly improved the overall service delivery at the Court. Due to the intervention of JUST, about 86 per cent of judges in the Court premises are now using ICT tools to prepare verdicts and provide inputs into cause list compared to just 20 per cent in 2012. JUST has developed a soft ware on Cause-list which is also oriented to the judges and court staff. The cause list of the Supreme Court and three pilot District Courts of JUST is regularly updated now, helping litigants, lawyers and all concerned to know under which Court their case is and the dates. It also helps the judges monitor the performance of their fellow judges. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/03/13/undp-promotes-better-court-services-through-ict-tools/ Yesterday AT 04:42 AM
- Digital Buses on Dhaka streets On April 10, 2014, the Communications Minister Obaidul Quader inaugurated 10 Digital Buses on BRTC’s Motijheel-Uttara route at the Farmgate Bus Stand. State Minister for Post, ICT and Telecommunications ministry, Junaid Ahmed Palak, was also present at the launching of the initiative that was implemented with the technical support of Access to Information (a2i) Programme of the Prime Minister’s Office, funded by UNDP and USAID. The buses, which would be running on a test basis initially, have integrated live tracking feature allowing commuters to easily track these vehicles, e.g. their routes, which way they are heading, and where it is, by going to urbanlaunchpad.org/brtc using their internet-enabled smart devices. The feature, at the same time, will allow the BRTC authorities to keep track of their buses on different routes and provide required directives. Read More: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/bangladesh/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/04/10/digital-buses-on-dhaka-streets/ Yesterday AT 04:22 AM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Bangladesh on Facebook