- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 32
22 Apr 2014
Are you a company that takes care of its employees? Do you work towards minimizing environmental impact? Do you contribute towards the socioeconomic development of the community in which you operate? If you positively responded to any of these questions, submit your story! It could be one of the winning initiatives in Albania’s first Corporate Social Responsibility Awards.
07 Apr 2014
More than a thousand stakeholders around the country have actively participated in consultations about the territorial reform- a key initiative of the Albanian Government.
02 Apr 2014
When the ‘Marubi’ photographic studio was established in Shkoder in 1856 very few people were aware that this event, at the infancy of world history of photography, would mark the beginning of visual documentation of a series of very important historic events in Albania.
08 Mar 2014
Women and men streamed into Durres city center to commemorate International Women’s Day and call for gender equality in society.
24 Feb 2014
In the frame of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) component of the “Local Level Responses to the Youth Employment Challenge”, training on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards and procedures was conducted by CSR leading Albanian companies
15 Feb 2014
A new kindergarten and school library in Novosela to increase access to vital early childhood education
A kindergarten was inaugurated in Novosele, Vlore today in the presence of local government authorities, representatives of European Union Delegation in Albania, UNDP and community members.
05 Feb 2014
The Association of Young Stage Artists staged the theatrical show "When Words Are Missing", which aims to convey the message that not only women and girls but also boys and men must stand up against violence against women. Over 160 high school students attended the performance at the Puppet Theater hall in Tirana.
30 Jan 2014
One hundred innovative ideas for entrepreneurship were presented today in Berat to an audience of Roma and Egyptian youth and other job seekers in the region. The one hundred entrepreneurship ventures offer creative and nontraditional ways of self-employment.
22 Jan 2014
The governments of Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States are pleased to be supporting directly the Albanian government’s administrative territorial reform effort.
21 Dec 2013
As of today, the Community members of Rrapishta have their community center. Around two hundred fifty families can make use of the services offered by the center. The center has a kindergarten and it will also provide other social services such as, counseling and information about health, human rights, legal advice.
17 Dec 2013
Twelve finalists of “pitched today their business plans to a Dragon’s Den-style panel leading businessmen and expert judges. The 5 awards issued came with a prize package of EUR 3,000 – 3,500 each, to help youth launch or further grow their business.
12 Dec 2013
A town hall meeting brought together university students, women and girls and other representatives of civil society in Albania to talk about their role in tackling corruption.
10 Dec 2013
The annual 16 days of activism against gender based violence campaign—from 25 November to 10 December 2013—calls for the elimination of all forms of violence against women and invites the Albanian society and international community to take action against it.
25 Nov 2013
Today is the International Day to end Violence against Women. Hundreds of men and boys, women and girls took to the streets of Tirana as well as Durres and Vlora to call on society to end violence against women. Dressed in orange, their appeal conveyed a strong message: Men and women shall work together to eradicate violence.
24 Oct 2013
Senior government officials, Members of Parliament, representatives of international organization, diplomatic corps, non-governmental organizations, scholars, philanthropists, business, media and citizens joined the United Nations Agencies in Albania to celebrate United Nations Day.
16 Sep 2013
Today, Ilir feels he is powered with knowledge about how his organization should be run. He is the Executive Director of “Roma Education Association”, a civil society organization operating for few years in the regions of Pogradec and Korca. His association counts around 50 members.
21 Aug 2013
Jaroslav Kling, Human Development and Roma Inclusion Policy Analyst from Bratislava Regional Centre provides his reflections on the latest Roma Survey on the “Housing Situation of the Roma Communities” in Central and South Eastern Europe
30 Jul 2013
AULEDA, one of the main partners of UNDP Art Gold 2 programme, celebrated its 10th Anniversary in a ceremony that brought together representatives of the regional and local authorities, traditional contributors of Vlora’s development such as the Italian Cooperation (for Development), and other important development actors from the civil society and academia.
15 Jul 2013
Children of Himara will soon enjoy a new, beautiful, playground which they are excited about. ‘My father just told me that a new playground for children will be built here. My friends and I, are very happy because this is what we need. We have nowhere to play now. The whole area is occupied by cars and bars” — says Vasili a 9 year old from Himara.
11 Jun 2013
Albanians will go to the polls on 23 June to elect their 2013-2017 legislature. These elections, and the electoral reforms that preceded them, are of significant importance for the country’s democratization and EU integration prospects.
- Gjate periudhes Shkurt – Mars 2014, Yunus Social Business Albania ne bashkepunim ne UNDP Albania kane organizuar konkursin e ideve te biznesit social, permes nje platforme online HAPiDE. Qellimi i kesaj platforme eshte perfshirja, motivimi, zhvillimi dhe edukimi i te rinjve shqiptare ne fushen e biznesit social, sipermarrjes dhe shkembimit te ideve. Ne kete konkurs u paraqiten 213 ide biznesi nga fusha dhe zona te ndryshme te vendit. Juria e konkursit perfundoi vleresimin e ideve te shkruara dhe perzgjodhi 20 idete me te mira te cilat moren pjese sot ne fazen finale te vleresimit, ate te prezantimit dhe mbrojtjes se ideve te tyre perpara Jurise. Finalistet jane: 1. Art me vajzat e shtepise se femijes\Zyber Hallulli 2. CityRaiv 3. Grandparents Day Care GDC 4. Hapja e nje Kompleksi sportiv Lushnje 5. Hapja e nje Varreze Private 6. Kultivimi i kermillit 7. Laborator portativ per ujrat 8. Mbeshtetja e artizanatit shqiptar 9. Ne dashuri me nje Autik 10. Njerezit me aftesi ndryshe kane shume per te dhene 11. Qender ditore per femijet me probleme (dislesi,autizem,dhe probleme ne te shprehur) 12. Qender shërbimi ditor dhe rezidencial për personat autikë 13. Rrobaqepsi per nje target grup te caktuar\Grate e dhunuara 14. Secili fiton dhe puneson miqte e tij 15. Shkodra Ekspres 16. Shtepi Informimi 17. Shtepia e kafsheve 18. Si të bëj të shes çorapet që bën gjyshja me dorë? 19. Te mos diskriminojme te gjithe te burgosurit 20. Zhvillim me mbrojtje ambjentale Po sonte juria do te perzgjedhe 10 idete fituese te konkursit. Qendroni me ne per te mesuar kush jane fituesit. 7 hours ago
- HAPIDE – Degjim publik organizuar nga UNDP dhe Yunus Social Business Konkursi HAPIDE i zhvilluar ne kuadrin e mbeshtetjes se sipermarrjes ne Shqiperi ka hyre ne fazen finale. Pas nje fushate nje mujore online te promovimit te platforms se mbeshtetjes se sipermarrjes ne Shqiperi: www.hapide.com -UNDP dhe Yunus Social Business organizojne prezantimin publik te ideve me te mira, neser ne daten 23 Prill 2014. 213 ide u hodhen nga te rinjte gjate kesaj periudhe njemujore. Juria e perbere nga personalitete te fushes se Biznesit, Universitete, Yunus Social Business dhe UNDP ka perzgjedhur 20 idete me te mira te cilat do te prezantohen publikisht para jurise dhe gjithe te te interesuarve. Pas degjimit te gjithe ideve finaliste, juria do te perzgjedhe 10 idete fituese te konkursit qe do te perfitojne nje program intensiv tre mujor (accelerator program) per zhvillim personal mbi sipermarrjen si dhe asistence te personalizuar per pregatitjen e planeve te tyre te biznesit. Per tre me te miret do te kete dhe nje cmim simbolik ne para. Yesterday AT 10:43 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook