- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 55
07 Apr 2014
More than a thousand stakeholders around the country have actively participated in consultations about the territorial reform- a key initiative of the Albanian Government.
02 Apr 2014
When the ‘Marubi’ photographic studio was established in Shkoder in 1856 very few people were aware that this event, at the infancy of world history of photography, would mark the beginning of visual documentation of a series of very important historic events in Albania.
08 Mar 2014
Women and men streamed into Durres city center to commemorate International Women’s Day and call for gender equality in society.
07 Mar 2014
This year’s International Women’s Day theme – Equality for Women is Progress for All – states a simple truth. No country will reach its full potential if its female citizens do not enjoy full equality.
24 Feb 2014
In the frame of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) component of the “Local Level Responses to the Youth Employment Challenge”, training on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards and procedures was conducted by CSR leading Albanian companies
15 Feb 2014
A new kindergarten and school library in Novosela to increase access to vital early childhood education
A kindergarten was inaugurated in Novosele, Vlore today in the presence of local government authorities, representatives of European Union Delegation in Albania, UNDP and community members.
05 Feb 2014
The Association of Young Stage Artists staged the theatrical show "When Words Are Missing", which aims to convey the message that not only women and girls but also boys and men must stand up against violence against women. Over 160 high school students attended the performance at the Puppet Theater hall in Tirana.
30 Jan 2014
One hundred innovative ideas for entrepreneurship were presented today in Berat to an audience of Roma and Egyptian youth and other job seekers in the region. The one hundred entrepreneurship ventures offer creative and nontraditional ways of self-employment.
22 Jan 2014
The governments of Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States are pleased to be supporting directly the Albanian government’s administrative territorial reform effort.
21 Dec 2013
As of today, the Community members of Rrapishta have their community center. Around two hundred fifty families can make use of the services offered by the center. The center has a kindergarten and it will also provide other social services such as, counseling and information about health, human rights, legal advice.
17 Dec 2013
Twelve finalists of “pitched today their business plans to a Dragon’s Den-style panel leading businessmen and expert judges. The 5 awards issued came with a prize package of EUR 3,000 – 3,500 each, to help youth launch or further grow their business.
12 Dec 2013
A town hall meeting brought together university students, women and girls and other representatives of civil society in Albania to talk about their role in tackling corruption.
10 Dec 2013
The annual 16 days of activism against gender based violence campaign—from 25 November to 10 December 2013—calls for the elimination of all forms of violence against women and invites the Albanian society and international community to take action against it.
09 Dec 2013
Draft National Anti-Corruption strategy: Multidimensional actions needed against the scourge of corruption.
Cabinet ministers, representatives of international organizations, civil society, academia, media and many others got together on December 9th- Anti Corruption Day, to present the draft first National anti-Corruption Strategy for 2014-2017.
09 Dec 2013
Speech by Zineb Toumi Benjelloun during a Conference organized by the Government of Albania to present the anti corruption strategy.
06 Dec 2013
National statistics reveal increased level of domestic violence in Albania - Men and boys unite to end it
Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Government of Sweden organized today the national conference “Boys and men – part of the solution. Show you are against violence!” in the framework of the 16 Days of Activism to end Violence against Women.
03 Dec 2013
Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth and United Nations Development Programme presented today the results of a two year project on Social Inclusion and Vocational Education and Training funded by Austrian Development Agency and implemented by UNDP and ILO.
02 Dec 2013
It is a real pleasure to be addressing this meeting on a subject that is very important for Albania and the United Nations. This is the final event of the two year project Addressing Social Inclusion through the Vocational Education and Training – implemented jointly by UNDP and ILO with the support of the Austrian Development Cooperation.
25 Nov 2013
Today is the International Day to end Violence against Women. Hundreds of men and boys, women and girls took to the streets of Tirana as well as Durres and Vlora to call on society to end violence against women. Dressed in orange, their appeal conveyed a strong message: Men and women shall work together to eradicate violence.
11 Nov 2013
I will not hide my pride that my organization, the United Nations, supported by its member states, enjoys a privileged partnership with your Ministry. Your ministry is the focus of almost a third of our work in this country, ranging from our work on active labor market measures to gender equality to rights of migrants, groups at risk, returnees and children in need.
- Inovacioni Social – fjala e dites : Dominic Campbell në Shqipëri A e njihni Z. Dominic Campbell? Per ata qe nuk e dijne, Z. Campbell është një simpërmarrës i mirënjohur i dixhitalizimit të shërbimeve publike dhe me eksperiencë në ndryshimin e madh që po i bën teknologjia politikave, shërbimeve dhe komunikimit publik. Z. Campbell është votuar para pak kohësh si një nga 50 njerëzit më me influencë në qeverisjen lokale në Britaninë e Madhe si edhe një nga 50 përdoruesit më me influencë të rrjetit social Twitter në Britani. Z. Campbell sot ka arritur ne Shqiperi per nje vizite dy-ditore. Qellimi I kesaj vizite është të promovojë axhendën e inovacionit social në Shqipëri në bashkëpunim me zyrën e UNDP. Dominic është një agjent ndryshimi me eksperiencë në zbatimin e nismave inovatore në qeverisjen lokale më një interes paraësor në përdorimin e mediave sociale në transforminin e mënyrës së punës dhe përmirësimit të përfshirjes qytetare. Dominic themeloi FutureGov në 2008 për t’u fokusuar më shumë në krijimin e shërbimeve publike më pak të kushtueshme nëpërmjet përdorimit të teknologjisë. Dominic ka këshilluar të gjitha nivelet e qeverisjes në vende si SHBA, Australi dhe Singapor. Ai ka dhënë mësim në një sërë shkollash biznesi duke përfshirë Shkollën Kenedi në Harvard, INSEAD në France dhe IMD në Zvicër. Me shume informacione rreth vizites se tij, vizitoni faqen tone se shpejti. Yesterday AT 11:35 AM
- A e dini se Shqiperia ka 9 zona te mbrojtura bregdetare? Prej disa vitesh tashme, PNUD po punon per permiresimin e situtes mjedisore në zonat e mbrojtura veçanërisht ne zonat e mbrojtura detare dhe bregdetare. Si rrjedhim i kesaj nderhyrjeje, po permiresohen mekanizmat e menaxhimit dhe administrimit te tyre. Are you aware that Albania has 9 coastal protected areas? For several years, UNDP is working to improve the environmental situation of the protected areas specially marine and coastal protected ones. As a result of this intervention, the mechanisms of their administration and management have improved significantly. Monday AT 05:58 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook